Wednesday, November 08, 2006

You Snooze You Lose

When I worked at WEEK, I really enjoyed filling in on the morning show. I always thought if I continued in TV, that I'd want to anchor a morning show. Yes, it means working crazy hours, but I'd still be home when the kids were home.

When I filled in, I always had the worst fear I'd oversleep...

This was recently in the New York Daily News (click the link for the full story):

Steve Bartelstein's bumpy run at WABC/Ch. 7 has hit another pothole.
The popular morning news anchor was not on the air yesterday and has been suspended "indefinitely," according to multiple Ch. 7 sources.
Bartelstein, it seems, was suspended after showing up for work 20 minutes after the start of Monday's morning newscast, sources said.

News is one of those jobs where they really notice when you're late...

1 comment:

BuffaloBuckeye said...

The morning shift sucks, I did it for 5 years, both in Peoria and Buffalo. Buffalo was 4 AM to 12 PM, I overslept once but I wasn't the anchor so no one really noticed, but I was behind all day. And I had no excuse, out late with the softball team.