Thursday, October 12, 2006

Tebben For Mayor

So my father in law has thrown his hat back into the political ring. As locals read and saw in the news this past week, Dave Tebben announced he's again going to run for the post of Pekin mayor.

Frank Mackaman has done a great job since taking over for Lyn Howard, but isn't planning on running in April. I of course have mixed feelings about this. As I've written in the past, from a truly selfish standpoint, I like having him around with more free time. My father in law is a great guy and I enjoy spending time with him.

On the other hand, this type of service truly suits him. He loves this place and has worked hard to help it grow. As a reporter covering him (before I even knew he had a daughter I'd end up marrying) I was so impressed with his demeanor and attitude... the way he worked with a wide range of people. Agree or disagree with him, but he is truly someone who does his homework, thinks critically about the issues and casts votes he feels are in this town's best interests.

The opportunity for him to run for a state office has been there, but he continues to make Pekin his priority and I will support him in every way I can.

No comments: