Monday, October 02, 2006

From Standups to Standup

When I was a photographer at WISN in Milwaukee, one of my favorite reporters was Murv Seymour. Seeing me and Murv out on stories had to have been visually pretty funny... him at the time being 6'4", 270... me being 5'5", 130. We were a great duo on the basketball court though... speed and power... outside and inside.

Murv was always pretty funny... but after moving on from Milwaukee, he reported at a couple other stations, then followed his heart and is now a full time stand up comedian.

Got to take in his show on Saturday night... really good stuff. Talked to him for a while afterwards... I really admire what he's doing. This is something I always wanted to try... and probably should have when I live in LA...

It takes a lot of guts to get up there and put yourself on the line... he talked about the challenges and the struggles, but to get paid to make people laugh... wow... I would find that incredibly rewarding.

Hoping I can figure out a way to get him booked for a gig around here.

No comments: