Friday, August 18, 2006

The P&W Builders Soccer Challenge

So I'm trying to raise money for Pekin Pride. They are the only all girls soccer team in Pekin and the first truly successful traveling club team. These girls are terrific - great kids and great players. Their accomplishments have been featured on WHOI, WEEK, WMBD radio (Greg and Dan), the Journal Star and Pekin Times and I've had the privilege of volunteering some time with them this summer.

As many of you readers know, we moved into a new house this past spring. My builder, Dave Whitehurst, has graciously taken up my challenge and is pledging $25 for each goal I score in the upcoming Peoria Park District soccer season, with all the money to be donated to the Pekin Pride Soccer Club and our effort for 501c3 status.

We'll see if I can stay healthy this year. Over the next nine weeks, I'll be posting about how it's going. If you know of anyone else who's interested in helping out... shoot me an e-mail. Our first game is Sunday at 3:00 at Bielfeldt Park.

Thanks, Dave. The house has turned out great... beyond all our expectations.

No comments: