Monday, August 21, 2006

Airwaves Split To Open The Season

Peoria Park District Soccer started up today. We have two teams again this year.

The Analog Airwaves team is made up of people from work and people who know/play with/are related to Angie Blasek.

The Digital Airwaves is made up primarily TV/radio people and former PCHS girls players.

Analog won its game 9-0 over Wild Card. I had a breakway change early, but had my legs taken out from behind as I was shooting. It was like deja vu as that same defender did the exact same thing when we played last year. The free kick was blocked, but Vito scored on the rebound. Vito ended up with two goals... DJ and Trey each had one. I finished five. I think I had five all last year, but I was especially motivated after the hack. Our women played great defense in helping Glenn post a shutout.

Digital lost it's first game, 4-3 to the Titans, one of the better teams we'll see this year. Bill Fischer had two goals and Jonathan Ahl scored what I'm told was an awesome goal off a corner kick. Bill reports that Brooke had a great game in goal and helped keep it close. No subs for Digital today.

No comments: