Monday, July 17, 2006

Gee Leaves WCIA

Just heard through the grapevine today that former WMBD assignment editor Jim Gee left WCIA last month. Jim had been news director at channel 3 for the past couple of years. I copied his message from the INBA website for those of you interested in getting in touch with him.
Yup, still around for now. I have indeed left WCIA and am taking a few
weeks off before moving on to new challenges. I'm looking at possibilities both
in and out of broadcast news, both in and out of Illinois. This is as good a
place as any to thank the many of you who have called or e-mailed with your
support the last two weeks. I've had several career leads and even one offer of
temp work. It's flattering! As to my future with this organization, I notified
the board when I parted ways with WCIA. I intend to continue to serve as
vice-president until I make my next career move or the election in October.
Obviously, if I am not actively working as a broadcaster in October, I will not
run again. People are welcome to e-mail me at jimgee@intergate.com. Take care,
all! -- Gee

1 comment:

TDB said...

Not for nothing, but WCIA's new news director is a class act. Andy Miller was one of my favorite producers in the world, and I was lucky to work with him when I was there.