Thursday, February 02, 2006

Thursday Airwaves Break Out

After weeks of tough games, the Thursday version of the Airwaves had a breakout game, winning 10-1 tonight. I had five, Jeff had three, Chantal had one and Joe Boley had one.

Joe Khoury had his second straight stellar performance in goal... several diving saves. Nice job on the defensive side, especially from Angie and Jon.

Just a side note. My knee is jello. Tomorrow might be rough. Anaway, after my third goal, one of our opponents thought it would be good to start tugging on my shirt and push me and elbow me in the back when the ball was at the other end of the field. Then he starting holding and playing more physical when I got near the goal. I get the concept. Take someone out of their game so to speak, but this has the exact opposite effect on me... motivates me to play harder. Heck, I actually got back on defense for the first time in... ever. But just once :)

I have found that the best way to keep me unmotivated is to be friendly. The past few games before this, everyone has been so cool that I just didn't feel like going that hard.

No comments: