Monday, January 16, 2006

Day 2 - Our Arrival In Manila

The flight to Manila was short in comparison and as we landed, what struck my wife was the fact that many of the people started clapping. As we got off the plane, you could feel the heat and humidity right away. I probably felt it more as I was wearing a soccer warmup suit on the plane.
We smiled as a local band met the arriving passengers playing and singing John Denver’s “Country Road.” We were happy to see the sign that the Philippines is bird flu free.

My dad and my uncle met us. My uncle is a high ranking judge in the Philippines so the customs and airport big wigs were also on hand to make sure everything went smoothly. By the time we got our bags, we had traveled just short of 35 and ½ hours. And we had a 2 and a half hour van ride ahead of us.

No comments: