Monday, January 16, 2006

China Airlines

Just a thought about China Airlines...

The good - China Air has these personal, interactive entertainment units that allow you to listen to music, watch movies or play games. Friends know that since I became a dad, I've missed pretty much every movie I've wanted to see in theaters. On the way out, I was able to catch several movies The 40 Year Old Virgin, Wedding Crashers and The Island (plus Cinderella Man on the way to LA). This was a great way to catch up and really helped pass the time.

The bad - they serve drinks in the same size cups that pre-schools use… so basically you get about one swig of beverage with your meal or during snack time. Not a big deal on short flights, but if you're like me and used to drinking a lot of water/soda, you really felt like you had your hands tied.

The weird - the flight attendants don't seem to understand the call button concept. The calls are either ignored or they figure you pushed it by mistake as my daughter did. They'll shut it off, but won't ask if you actually needed something (according to my brother in law).

No comments: