Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Bradley Makes NCAA Soccer Tourney

Congratulations to Jim DeRose and the Bradley soccer team on making the NCAA tournament. Coach DeRose is building one of the top programs in the nation and coming from a soccer family I think that's terrific. I hope to reap the benefits to as many of the kids I have coming in this year have been attending his camps for the past several years.

Tough one for me to choose a team to root for come Friday though. I grew up on the east side of Milwaukee, a stones throw from Bradley's opponent, UWM, and would go to home games at Engelman.

Guys I played with and against played for them. My brother and sister spent time in Europe playing for their coach, Louis Bennett. Three kids from my high school are on their roster as they recruit heavily in what is a soccer hotbed.

Should be a great game.

No comments: