Saturday, September 10, 2005

Marigold Festival Weekend

This is one of my wife's favorite weekends every year. Friday night downtown... Art in the Park... catching up with old friends. As we drove towards the courthouse last night, my oldest says "are we going to the farmer's market?" I told him, "No buddy, tonight it's the Marigold Festival. It's only the farmer's market on Thursdays... through next week."

Not being from here, it isn't the same for me. Growing up in Milwaukee, the big thing was Summerfest. Great music with the best local and regional bands as well as many big name national acts, although I think in recent years, the names haven't been as big. Lots of great food and drink... and lots of good memories. I think a few years back, people who had met there years before, were even getting married there.

No comments: