Saturday, August 20, 2005

Fantasy Season Begins

I'm in three leagues this year after swearing I'd never do this. My first draft is today and it'll be a new experience for me as Bill Fischer and I are sharing a team in a league that does an auction style draft.

The Market 117 draft will be next Saturday night and my last league drafts on Labor Day. We'll see how it goes, but the inherent problem is that ineveitably you'll end up with different players in each of the leagues and you'll end up rooting for and against them as some will be owned by opponents in the different leagues. This may be the first and last time I attempt this.

1 comment:

Eric Peterson said...

Being in more than 2 football leagues is basically just hedging your bet. I did this last year and what you will learn, is that after about 4 weeks you will either: a) focus only on the league that you run, b) focus only on the league that you can make A LOT of money by winning, or c) focus only on the team that is actually doing well. I learned that the hard way. Good luck!