Tuesday, July 19, 2005

There She Is...


Miss Marigold 1991 Posted by Picasa

The Miss Marigold pageant for 2005 has been canceled. See stories from the Journal Star and Pekin Times.

Look for a story on WMBD tomorrow where Justin Sacher interviews my wife, Miss Marigold 1991. I figured if she'll share the video with him, I can share the picture with my blog readers.

There is actually another TV connection to this scholarship competition (and note the point is you can win $1000 for college). Liz Brunner 5:30 and 11PM anchor at WCVB in Boston is also a former Miss Marigold (and Miss Illinois).

6 comments:

Gehly said...

S- wow, you look much taller with the hair...how many inches did that add?
can't believe I never saw that pic before. if I had, I'm sure it'd now be up on Jimmy's wall of celebs:) is my pic of Richard Dean Anderson still gracing the cubicle?

BTW--it's now only fair for Edgar to post a haed shot from that first resume tape!

Edgar said...

I don't look any different.

Shannon said...

Hey- It was 1991, which was practically the 80's you know! And mall hair was big here in god's country...

Jonathan Ahl said...

That is dangerously close to what we used to call "Wall-o-Bangs".

Was Extreme's "More than Words" playing while this picture was being taken?

Shannon said...

You know, I used to pride myself on those bangs but I'm happy to say that doing my hair that way is a skill I lost over time.

It had its drawbacks too, was kind of hard to see the crown!

I was a speechie in hs and I remember August Benassi (son of the attorney) always used to tease me by "measuring" how tall they were...

Thankfully I outgrew it sometime in college.

Anonymous said...

What will replace the Miss Marigold pageant? Probably Miss Redneck pagent for white kindred only since Pekin is full of them.