Thursday, June 23, 2005

Welcome Back, Greg

Got to listen to much of Markley and Luciano on the way home from work and to and from my haircut. As I posted before, I feel bad about what happened to Doc... a clear illustration of the harsh realities of working in broadcasting. Still, I am excited to hear Greg Batton back on the local airwaves.

As a co-worker in 96-97, I became a big fan of Greg and Yvonne... called in when a topic interested me and would sit in to watch them work when I got the chance. Tried to catch them during their Chicago stints too.

During the 4:00 segment, he and Jamie talked about how he got his start and his past in Peoria radio. Interesting stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how Dan D'O stays in the chair, yet partners come and go? He is the common factor- maybe we shouldn't point fingers at management so quickley.

Anonymous said...

Amen there. I would like to know the reasons given for Doc's dismissal.

Edgar said...

Here's what I wrote about Doc:

"As I posted before, I feel bad about what happened to Doc... a clear illustration of the harsh realities of working in broadcasting."

There was no finger pointing either way.

As for the second anonymous comment, you'll have to ask people at the station to which I can guess they will tell you (as I would expect most companies to do) that they will not discuss personnel issues.

And the reality is, they don't have to. Bottom line: their station, their choice.