Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Two Women?

Watched WMBD's "A block" at 6 tonight. Tricia was filling in for Bob and did a nice job with Amy. Not the first time we've seen two women based on a fill-in need, but it got me thinking.

Now let me preface this by saying I have no insight into this: I have no idea when Bob plans to retire, if Amy (and Kevin) are content to stay here or if Brent (being a dad to young kids) would want to move to nights or if that's the direction my former station would go... just floating this idea...

My question is would WMBD look to staff its main shows with two women?

You'll see it in bigger markets... including my first station, WISN. In the Peoria market, where the dominant 10:00 show is fronted by two men, it would clearly differentiate the look of the "cast." Would this make a difference to viewers in this market? Could it attract more viewers?

Just a thought...

No comments: