Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Some Really Good Shooting

As I sampled on today, I caught a couple of stories on 19 that I thought were really well shot/cut. Monica's piece on B&W photos at 10 and Laura's story on (this one time at) band camp in the heat at 6.

A great shooter can make an average story good and a good story great. Yes, you also need a solid reporter to write to what you shot, so this thought is very chicken and egg... but as someone who started out learning from some great photographers, I really appreciate the effort I've been seeing.

Update: Brent Horstman shot the band camp story, Dane Firkus shot the B&W story.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brent Horseman shot the band story...

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Scott Weas at 19. He is also a great photog.

Anonymous said...

Dane shot the B&W story

Anonymous said...

Is Bill still at 19? Haven't seen him in a long time.

Edgar said...

Thanks for the note about Brent... as for Bill, I don't know.

Anonymous said...

Did Brent try to bum a quarter off the band kids?

Anonymous said...

BILL IS STILL AT HOI BUT HE WORKS THE MORNING SHOW SHIFT NOW SO YOU SEE HIS WORK A LITTLE LESS UNLESS IT HAPPENS TO BE OVERNIGHT BREAKING NEWS.

Anonymous said...

my bad, its Horstman, not Horseman