Saturday, June 18, 2005

A Recurring Theme

Had a really great time last night... but something worried me a little. Something I didn't really anticipate when I first started this thing.

A recurring theme at last night's outing was something to the effect of "this isn't for the blog..." or "this isn't going to end up on the blog, is it?

First of all, I'd like to point any worried parties to the disclaimer and I'd also invite you to do a random sampling of my previous posts. I think you'll see, I'm not out to bust anyone or dive deep into the sometimes nitty gritty of people's lives. Nothing poster here should get you in trouble with your boss.

If I "report" (and I use that term loosely as I'm no longer a reporter) on something, it'll be something everyone saw (on TV or heard on the radio) or info that has been officially released, posted on another source, or if the subject has told me they'd like to see it on here. The original content will be my non-specific rants.

Consider this: if you have worked with me in this market or more recently we've hung out... consider all the things that I know/you think I could possibly know that don't appear here. People tell me stories all the time that would be really interesting material... but that's not what this blog is about. So feel free to speak freely.

1 comment:

Bill Dennis said...

If I had a seperate blog for posts only abotu stuff people told me "wasn't for the blog," it would be the most read blog in Peoria.

As much as you tell people it's ALL on the record, you just know if that was the case, you would end up friendless and unloved.