Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Lunch At "One World" And The Stream Of Consciousness Thinking That Comes With

Celebrated Brain's birthday today. I didn't ask her how old she is cause you just don't ask women that.

Had lunch at One World on Main St. in Peoria (Brain's choice). Shannon was jealous a) because she "hearts" that place, especially the hummus and b) because "my" children wouldn't stop fighting. Anyone who thinks staying home is easy has never stayed home.

One World is good, but to be honest, I'm really much more of a Plain Jane/meat and potatoes kind of guy. So of course everyone found it amusing when I ordered a waffle with bacon. And for some reason the bacon is round. Still tasted like bacon though. In the immortal words of Vincent Vega (Pulp Fiction) "bacon tastes good!"

This by the way was Nuzzo's favorite Peoria restaurant. Whenever we would share a meal that was always her first choice. I suppose, I used to drag big groups of newsies to Perkins and Dennys at 4AM... it was probably only fair.

2 comments:

TDB said...

Ah, the circle of life. I used to go there with Nuz a lot, in her veg days. And of course I remember your affinity for the "tremendous 12" or whatever they used to call that monstrosity you ate at Perkins.

Now I'm probably more of a One Worlder myself, even though I haven't been there in 7 years...

Edgar said...

Years later and you can recall the "Tremendous Twelve." Nice.

It is posts like these that help confirm for me that my past and this entire blog wasn't some dream that was the direct result of eating the "Tremendous Twelve.".

Now if we can find someone who remembers Aimee ordering meatless cheeseburgers at the McDonald's on University.