Thursday, June 02, 2005

Hit Me Baby One More Time

This is gonna rock!

The genius of this show is with weekly eliminations and only so many weeks in a summer, they've got bands that only have a few hits... so you don't have to worry about any of these people saying "I'd like to perform something from my new album."

Update: This is like watching a car crash in slow motion.

Update 2: I loved "Tennessee" by Arrested Development.

Update 3: Tiffany just performed. Later she's going to sing a song by Kelly Clarkson. So just to make sure I have this right, a singer whose biggest hits were remakes is going to do a cover of a singer from a reality show.

To paraphrase a quote from my friend Dave Dahl... "there's a half an hour of my life I'll never get back."

NBC has just advertised the show "Who wants to be a Hilton?" What has happened to television? Anyone? Bueller?

Update 4: I am now suffering from watcher's remorse.

2 comments:

Jeff Nau said...

I did not watch the show this evening after being exhausted from watching the long season of "American Idol"... from what you've written I'm glad I passed on it.

By the way... did you see "Lost" last evening.

I got hooked to that show this season... quite like how you did with "24". If I remember right... I didn't know what to think after watching the first show, it took me a couple of viewings but I now am a huge fan. Interesting season.

Angie said...

I kind of liked the show-but I wouldn't shout it from the rooftops. I thought Loverboy was absolutely horrible. What happened there? You gotta give props to Flock of Seagulls for at least coming on stage-time hasn't been that great to them. Who exactly was the host? I missed out on the introduction for the British-Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.