Monday, June 20, 2005

Go West Young Man


Dan McCollister - superstar! Posted by Hello

Through Thursday, this guy is a shooter at WMBD. After that... he's outta here. On his way to my former stomping ground... LA, CA. Think of him as Vince Vaughn in Swingers... but instead of at 45 RPM... 78.

Anyway, Dan is a pretty funny guy and local newsies are wishing him well, Thursday night at Kelleher's. There seemed to be some confusion on the time (someone said 8, but Dan says he works till 10), so if someone from 31 could post the actual time, that would be great.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That guy is annoying and has no business being in this blog.

Anonymous said...

I think Dan is special.

Anonymous said...

yeah, short bus special.

Anonymous said...

Every time I see him he's trying to be funny, and failing miserably at doing so. Photographers aren't suppossed to be the center of attention. I doubt he'll have much luck securring employment with any station once they figure out how obnoxious he is.

Anonymous said...

Sigh...some people just don't get it. I applaud Dan for getting out of Peoria and doing something with his life. I haven't hung out with him for quite some time, but when I did, I always ended up laughing hysterically. Dan has a very different sense of humor, and I can understand why many Market 117ers don't appreciate it. He is destined for bigger and better things.

Anonymous said...

dan is awesome. i think he still has my can opener though.

Anonymous said...

I can promise you the "bigger and better things" you refer to will be a gas station attendent in his case.

Edgar said...

You know, I don't know Dan very well, but at least he's not afraid to be himself.

I get that some people might think he can be a bit much, but whatever.

Don't be suprised to see him doing something in front of the camera a few years from now (although I don't think it will be news).