Tuesday, May 31, 2005

How To Get A Job In TV News

Don't be the winner on a reality show. Just the latest in a long line of reality contestants to cross over...

From NewsBlues...

NBC "Apprentice" alum Erin Elmore has been signed for another month of "tryout" with Jacksonville's Gannett-owned "First Coast" duopoly of WTLV-12-NBC and WJXX-25-ABC.

And she has her own blog. Does anyone else who watches the show (Amanda?) think she looks like a brunette Paris Hilton?

Update: One other thought... when Erin had to host a show as part of an Apprentice challenge, I thought she was excellent and thought even then, she could work in TV, not knowing aside from being an attorney that she went to school for broadcast and political science. Adding that all up, I think it's kind of suprising she didn't get a chance to start somewhere bigger than Jacksonville. So consider this me tempering my observation in lumping her in with other former reality types.

2 comments:

Gehly said...

I met a girl in Birmingham who was a traffic reporter for the NBC I think. I thought she was just a cute blonde, fresh out of school, who got a break. I later found out she was a runner-up on the Bachelor. hey, that works too, I guess.

Anonymous said...

Isn't the whole point of getting a job in TV news to get your face on television? Imagine if the bulk of young telejournalists pursued truth with the same vigor as they pursue the limelight...