Monday, April 18, 2005

Now This Is Compelling Television

I was watching this on TV a few weeks ago during my "blogging hiatus."
Takeru Kobayashi of Japan achieved an unprecedented fourth victory at the
Nathan's Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest, setting a
new world record of 53.5 hot dogs and buns in 12 minutes. The event, which was
broadcast live as part of an hour-long show on ESPN, attracted more than 5,000
fans to the corner of Surf and Stillwell avenues in Coney Island, Brooklyn.

This to me is impressive. In twelve minutes, I think I could eat five or six hot dogs. My only question is how does one discover they can eat that many hot dogs that fast?

My friend Brett wonders about the really big guys and how do they feel losing to the skinny little guy every year.

No comments: