Monday, March 21, 2005

Just To Clarify

A point of clarification. It has been relayed to me via a post and an e-mail that it felt like I was calling out reporters at 19 in this post because Paul was anchoring on Sunday. That was not my intent, but poor wording made it sound like that. If you are among the offended, I apologize.

The actual intent, which I do stand by, was to encourage those folks to push for the opportunity. And this doesn't just apply to WHOI or reporters who want to anchor, but people in all newsrooms who want to get cross functional experience, such as producers who want to report or vice versa or news people who want to give weather or sports a shot.

By asking/pushing for the opportunity, more chances should come your way than if you don't. If you don't you're more likely to fly under the radar so to speak. My first reporting offer came because as a photographer, I let my boss know that I had the desire and I thought I had the ability to do something else.

No comments: