Thursday, March 17, 2005

Filling In

Liza Danver is filling in for Bob on today's 5:30. She does a great job on the anchor desk, especially for someone who doesn't anchor regularly. I'd still like to see her with Jay on the weekends.

I really liked in the mid 90's when I was there when there was a separate team on the 5:00 from the 6 and 10. Brent and Kristyn were a great team. I actually think Liza and Will Koch on the 5 would work, with Bob and Amy continuing to do the 6 and 10. It would give you some flexibility too if you had Liza reporting dayside, finishing with the 5... and Will reporting in the afternoon and after the 5 while still anchoring at 9.

By the way, this is just an opinion... not a necessarily a suggestion. I don't know if Chris (WMBD news director) reads the blog, but I do recognize doing something like this would mean shifting lots of schedules. I don't want people to think I think it's as easy as snapping your fingers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trisha Skidmore is the new weekend co-anchor with Jay. She is the 4th Ohio University grad to work at WMBD in recent years. Liza, Amy and Shelli Dankoff are the others.
Trisha spent 2 years at WHIZ in Zanesville, Ohio as the morning/noon anchor/producer.

Anonymous said...

Using the same anchors for 5,6 and 10 is a Nexstar decision... not local.

Edgar said...

Thanks for the info...

What is it about Ohio U?

Also, didn't know that the same anchors was a Nexstar decision as the switch was made here before the buyout.