Friday, February 18, 2005

Worse Before It Gets Better

For those of you following along, now we're all sick. I went to work for a half day, but started to feel worse. Not only that, but Shannon had to take the baby to the doctor with a 103 degree fever. The two older kids are both coughing and burning up. I'm burning up. I don't know if its cold or flu or both (baby was diagnosed with flu) but I probably haven't been this sick since I was a little kid. This is not the way to start a weekend.

Update: I had alternating fever and chills throughout the evening, plus aches and back pain that kept me from sleeping. I'm on antibiotics, ibuprofin, cough drops and throat spray. Today (Saturday) my ears are still ringing and head is still pounding, but I'm actually a bit better. Kids are still sick. Shannon is the best of all of us. Hoping to continue on the road to normal the rest of the weekend.

4 comments:

Mike B. said...

I hope you all get well soon.

Edgar said...

Thanks, Mike... it was a rough night for all of us. I hope to be better by Sunday.

Jonathan Ahl said...

Man, I feel for you. Anita, Tommy, and I are all sick right now, too. It sounds like your crew has it worse, and we have only one child. I can't imagine how tough it is for three little ones to be sick along with Mom and Dad.

I'm in the best shape of the three of us. I'm headed out to mass and then to restock on supplies. I'll be praying for all sick parents and kids out there, especially those that are firends and family.

Get well soon.

Edgar said...

Thanks Jonathan. I hope you don't get it too. You're right about one thing, three sick kids is really rough.