Monday, February 28, 2005

There Goes John

Here's an interesting former MARKET 117 story.

I worked with John Sanders at WMBD in 97. He was the promotions producer. John had come here from a bigger market, Raleigh, NC... where he had worked as a reporter. Which at the time to be honest, seemed kind of backwards to me. Not because I don't respect what a good promotions producer can do, because I love well done promo campaigns.

But as someone who was working towards doing what he was doing in a market that size, it just didn't make sense. Especially since John's reporter tape kicked butt. He was a solid reporter, strong live etc. But he was just tired of, as he writes, "living my life in a constant state of emergency."

John moved on to promotions in Cincinnati then traveled the world for a while... thus was born the website theregoesjohn.com

I had dinner with him at MacGregor's... I think it was about a year and a half ago. Funny, but when John left Peoria, Shannon and I were dating long distance... when he got back for a visit we were married with kids.

Looks like he has rejoined the working world... but he had quite an adventure. John shared photos from his trip when I saw him... terrific photographer by the way. Check out his site if you get a chance.

No comments: