Saturday, January 08, 2005

TV Job Hunting For Dummies - Conventions

This Illinois News Broadcasters Association spring convention is coming soon. For students and people in their first jobs especially, this is a great way to network, get feedback and have fun.

I went to a NorCal RTNDA conference in 1999 and aside from hearing some great speakers, I came away with two critiques and two talent agencies offering to sign me. I signed with Steve Caruso who I'm still friends with, even though by coming back to Peoria instead of moving to a larger market, I made him very little money. So if you're any good and in the market for an agent... here's his contact info.

If you have off or can get out of work, I encourage you to go. A little investment of time and money can do wonders for your work and your career.

No comments: